I am on the Pill and have been for about a year and a half now. I am on Junel Fe. My periods have gotten lighter since starting the pill. This month, however, I've been experiencing something out of the ordinary. A little over a week ago I started bleeding; it was reddish to dark brown in color and was fairly light from day to day, some days I had to wear a tampon or else it would stain my panties a good bit (sorry, TMI). I ruled it out as implantation bleeding for a couple reasons:
1) the color (red) and the amount (it was more than just "spotting")
2) the only "sexual" encounter I had in the past month was when my partner accidentally slipped in while fooling around.. literally in and out in a matter of a second.
3) even though he did slip in, I have been taking my pills like clockwork.
so I took my last active pill on thursday and I usually get my period by saturday/sunday. I put in a tampon saturday night because I assumed I'd be getting my period, and I did...but it was incredibly light. It was bright red mixed w/ some mucous, but very light. It continued into today (Sunday). 7 hours and it didn't even soak a regular tampon.
Could this just be an extremely light period?
I don't know how much these factors weigh in on the possibilities, but:
1) I've been incredibly stressed this past month due to a summer class
2) Due to the stress mentioned above, I lost 7 lb in about a month and a half and I'm not a very big person to begin with.
If my flow doesn't pick up soon I am going to take a test.