Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

what are harrington rods in spinal injury patients?

By Anonymous July 21, 2012 - 7:51pm
Rate This

Add a Comment1 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

Hi Anonymous,

Thank you for your question. Harrington rods are often surgical implants put into the spines of patients with scoliosis. Here is a website for your reference: http://www.spine-health.com/glossary/h/harrington-rod.

I hope this helps answer your question.


July 22, 2012 - 9:39am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.



Get Email Updates

Paraplegia Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!