Facebook Pixel

What Are These?

By August 3, 2012 - 9:14pm
Rate This

Hi, Their is something that I really need to know about. One thing is that I can't tell very much if it's a cyst in my breast because I have fibrocystic breasts. I remember that my doctor told me what I feel in my left breast is just tissue and since he told me this it's been awhile now that I notice pain in such area, feeling pain in the breast tissue does it mean anything?

The other thing is it's been almost a week that I feel lots of tingling, burning and numbing sensation in my legs. I've been scared of this feeling ever since. I took allergy medication such as singulair I felt better but it all kept coming back. I still do feel like this and comes and goes alot. I'm going to see the neurologist soon for this matter. I realized this feeling when I noticed a bug bite on my ankle, it felt very itchy and burning and it's when I realized I have the tingling, burning and numbing sensations in my legs. I want to know do you think how I'm feeling is caused by a bug bite? This bug bite on my ankle looks very red and feels bumpy. It doesn't look normal to me. Usually when a person gets a bug bite it's light pink. Mine looks very red. Whatever I ask my mother she says no it's nothing. It doesn't sound right to me. I've been thinking of going to the dermatologist for this do you think I should? I do know one big thing which is I have scoliosis and I started treatment and I'm just guessing but I'm not so sure these tingling, numbing and burning sensations I've been having could it because of scoliosis and the nervouse system? Please let me know soon.

Thank You,

Add a Comment6 Comments

Yes, show it to your dermatologist. 

August 11, 2012 - 10:39am

Hi, I'm going to the dermatologist for this on Monday. Their is something I just noticed this morning and I don't know if this is something I should say to the dermatologist and I thought I'd get yoru advice if you don't mind. On my left upper thigh I see a black spot and by touch it's painful. Do you think it's coming from the skin? I don't know what it is or what it means do you think I should mention it to the dermatologist? Please let me know soon.

Thank You,

August 10, 2012 - 1:13pm

Are nodular lumps being painful bad or harmful? Do you think I should go to dermatologist for this? I still have the mark on my leg and I thought until now it would go away so I'm thinking of going what do you think? Please let me know.


August 5, 2012 - 1:27pm
(reply to Melissa6666)

No Melissa-- the pain is because you have fibrocystic breasts-- not because it is harmful.

Did you get to see your doctor about the bite? 


August 8, 2012 - 7:29am


Remember that fibrocystic breasts are painful nodular lumps in your breast tissue-- hence why your feel breast pain. 

As far as your second question, did you see what kind of bug bite it was? If you started to feel numbness and tingling after the bite then it is in your best interest to schedule an appointment with your doctor to determine what kind of bug bite it is and what you can treat it with.

Good Luck,


August 4, 2012 - 3:38pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Breast Cysts

Get Email Updates

Related Topics

Breast Cysts Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!