Facebook Pixel

What is the best food plan for a diabetic?

By March 25, 2012 - 2:13pm
Rate This

I am overweight and feeling very bad, and can't seem to stay on a food plan to lose the weight. I need help to get healthy. All i think about is food. I am 68 years old and sometimes i think I am to old to care.

Add a Comment1 Comments

Hi lanasue44,

You are never too old to care about your health, on the contrary, at 68 it is a wise idea to get healthy due to the increased illnesses that come with age. 

99% of your success to losing weight is how determined and willing you are to get healthy. If you keep putting off diets for tomorrow, then the day after, and then the day after that then you are not committed to changing your lifestyle. First, you need to pick a date when you will change your lifestyle. Then, decide whether you want to try something like Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, or by consulting with a nutritionist--this may be a particularly wise choice for you considering you have Diabetes. 80% of your weight is what you eat, the other 20% is exercise. Once you decide which path is right for you then you will be well on your way to weight loss and health.

Best Wishes,


March 25, 2012 - 6:23pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Get Email Updates

Diabetes Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!