Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

What can I do for irratation in the vulva area just inside the lips.

By Anonymous October 2, 2010 - 10:55am
Rate This

I had knee surgery and the had to cath me during surgery and two days afterwards. I don't know if they caused me to be irratated or not. It seems to be in the lip area of the vagina. What can I get over the counter to take care. It burns and itches. Burns more than itching

Add a Comment1 Comments

Expert HERWriter Guide Blogger

Anon - A fragrance-free moisturizing cream may provide some relief and help in healing. One that is frequently recommended for skin irritations, is safe for the genital area and is available over the counter, is Sarna Sensitive Lotion, which you can find in most drug stores in the over the counter medications section. http://www.drugs.com/cdi/sarna-sensitive-lotion.html

If the burning continues or worsens you should call your doctor's office for advice as you could be dealing with an infection rather than irritation. We hope you feel better soon. Pat

October 2, 2010 - 11:20am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Yeast Infection

Get Email Updates

Yeast Infection Guide

HERWriter Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!