Facebook Pixel

What do I do about a darkened pubic area?

By May 14, 2012 - 6:59am
Rate This

I have been shaving my pubic area for almost 2 years now and I'm just noticing that my pubic area seems dark. I use an electric razor and sometimes I get razor bumps or it gets itchy. I've used petroleum jelly a couple times and hydrocortozone once to prevent bumps/itch. Since I've only done it a couple of times I don't think that's the cause, but is there anything I can do to make it brighter?

Add a Comment1 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

Hi vslv92,

Welcome to EmpowHER.  Darkened skin color in the armpits or vaginal area, can be from aging, pregnancy or insulin resistance like people that have diabetes or many other conditions.  It's best to have it examined by a doctor.  Especially a specialist, such as an OBGYN.  



May 14, 2012 - 7:14am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Sexual Health

Get Email Updates

Resource Centers

Related Checklists

Sexual Health Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!