Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

What kind of doctor should I see if I have numbness and swelling in my right leg?

By Anonymous October 26, 2016 - 2:09pm
Rate This

I had a doppler test done on my right leg last year because of swelling and my leg getting hot. This leg has large vericose veins which were treated with schlerotherapy (sp?) several years ago. The test indicated that the vein from my groin area to my ankle was no longer functional. However my insurance company determined that anything that would be done would be cosmetic and therefore would not cover it. It is a year later and the symptoms are worsening. When standing for a short amount of time, my leg goes numb and is hot. I have pain when riding in a car and sometimes at night. My Dr. prescribed TED socks which seem to help somewhat. However even with the socks on my leg gets numb.

She also said I should contact a vascular specialist...a different one than the one she recommended last year.

Add a CommentComments

There are no comments yet. Be the first one and get the conversation started!

Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Deep Venous Thrombosis

Get Email Updates

Related Topics

Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!