Facebook Pixel

What Is This Pain?

By July 28, 2014 - 10:13am
Rate This

Hi, I have a question to ask which is it's been about a week I've been having sharp, stabbing pain in my right front pelvic bone and nothing helps me for such pain and I don't know what to do? What do you think this could mean? Right now I have my period which is my fourth day but I never had such pain or problem like this before. Which doctor you think is right I talk to my GYN or neurologist? Please let me know about this soon.

Add a Comment4 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

Hi Melissa!
I am really glad that you are going in tomorrow to see your GI doctor! It certainly sounds like you are experiencing a lot of pain and I hope you get some relief really soon!

Let me know how both of your appointments go! I will be thinking about you!


July 30, 2014 - 1:19pm
(reply to Anonymous)

Thank you for your reply. First time I saw this doctor and he is very nice, understanding and helpful. I'm really glad I'm getting somewhere because I can't really take it anymore. Next week I'm seeing my GYN also and I will know more about everything then. My GI appointment today was good and he ordered blood work and abdominal sonogram and see how it all goes. I have to wait and see how everything goes.

July 30, 2014 - 8:00pm

Hi Melissa6666,

Thank you for sharing your question with the EmpowHER community!

I am sorry to hear that you are in pain.  I hope my response will help!

The pain you are experiencing could stem from multiple causes. It could be caused from an infection or something you did physically, like strain or pull a muscle in that area. It could also be related to non-reproductive organs like the colon or bladder. However in women, it is often attributed to something going on in the pelvic area (uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix, or vagina).

I would suggest calling your OBGYN and see when the soonest they could get you in for an exam. If they don’t have any openings right away, you can also see your primary care physician in the meantime.

To determine what is causing the pain in your pelvis bone, your doctor will perform a physical test and potentially follow up with other tests to determine the source of the pain.

Melissa6666, if the pain is far too much to endure, contact your doctor and get immediate attention right away. 

On a scale of 1 to 10, what is your pain level? Please let me know if you call your doctor.



July 28, 2014 - 12:32pm
(reply to kristincaliendo)

Hi, Thank you for your reply. Tomorrow I'm actually going to see my GI doctor because I have gastritis and I have nausea and no appetite and around my stomach feels very warm by touch from time to time. The past week the new pain I have in my right pelvic bone feels very sharp and I have stabbing pain to. Right now I feel heavily tired, nausea and pain. Next week I'm also going to see my GYN. My pain level right now is beyond ten. I end up crying from pain and I get scared to. Tomorrow I will know everything after I see my GI doctor. I just hope I solve this issue soon because I'm not someone to tolerate pain. I also have scoliosis and sciatica and everything in my stomach is putting pressure on my low back to. Thanks for your help.

July 29, 2014 - 7:51pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.



Get Email Updates

Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!