Facebook Pixel

Where can I find a great team of doctors to get rid of Large Uterine Fibroids

By January 31, 2013 - 8:31pm
Rate This

I've been attending a military hospital for answers. For the past four years the fibroids have grown from a golfball to the size of a melon. Its affecting my health and my work as an officer. Frustration, depression and hurt has set in. I don't know what else to do because the doctors that I've depended upon have only one answer for me.....HYSTERECTOMY! With today's technology, there has to be a better way!

Add a Comment2 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

Hi Raquel1,

Welcome to EmpowHER.  You might need to check with your local hospital outside the military hospital and ask them for names of doctors that participate in that hospital and treat this condition.  There are several treatments for uterine fibroids, from medication to help it shrink to hysterectomy, myomectomy in which the uterus remains and there are different types of myomectomy.




February 1, 2013 - 5:10am
(reply to Anonymous)

This is great! Now I have a starting point to begin my journey to recovery. Greatly appreciated!


February 3, 2013 - 7:30am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Uterine Fibroids

Get Email Updates

Uterine Fibroids Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!