Which hysteroctomy procedure should I have for a cervical dysplasia level 3?

I'm 44 years old and my doctor recently diagnosed me with cervical dysplasia level 3, one level away from cancer. I had LEEP last week, but results came back with some of the cells at the margin. Doctor recommends hysterectomy. My question is which method should I have? I've read a lot about the risks involved with laparoscopic hysterectomy with morcellation. So, I'm scared of the spreading of abnormal cells with the morcellation. What would be best?

Dear Anon,

Thank you for contacting EmpowHer today! I'm sorry you are upset.

Any surgery involves risk. My advice would be to talk with your doctor and go over in detail your options. He or she will typically recommend one or the other type of procedure based on your health and their expertise.

I hope you will update us. Here is some information you may find helpful in the meantime.