Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

Who would you recommend to see regarding bio identical hormone therapy?

By Anonymous January 22, 2009 - 10:12pm
Rate This

Would a regular General Practitioner or a Gynecologist be a preferred source for having my hormone levels checked and then possibly starting bio identical hormone therapy? I am not interested in the pellet hormone therapy where they insert a hormone compound pellet underneath your skin.

Add a Comment2 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

You should see an endocrinologist they are hormone specialists

February 4, 2009 - 3:39pm

Hi Anon! You ask a great question! It is so important to go to a practitioner who understands the use of Hormone Replacement Therapy using bio-identical hormones. Whether a general practitioner or a GYN doctor, one of the sources you can check is www.acam.org

ACAM is a non-profit organization of physicians who practice and educate themselves in the latests medical treatments, including bio-identical hormones. Suzanne Sommers' book "The Sexy Years" also provides a nice list of doctors who are trained in bio-identical hormones treatment including pellet therapy. I would start with that.

January 22, 2009 - 10:40pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Get Email Updates

Menopause Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!