Facebook Pixel

Would I still have Conversion Disorder if my seizures stopped?

By July 12, 2013 - 8:19pm
Rate This

I'm 17, almost 18. I have been having seizures for 2 years now and just recently have been diagnosed with Conversion Disorder/Psychogenic Non Epileptic Seizures. If I can FINALLY get rid of them, would I still have to put Conversion Disorder on doctors forms and school forms and things like that? Would I still have Conversion Disorder?

Add a Comment3 Comments

EmpowHER Guest


It all depends if your doctor can find the right treatment to help your condition.  Depending on what forms or activities you will be engaging in.  It might be necessary for you to let your school or any new doctor know of your medical history.  


July 14, 2013 - 5:48pm
EmpowHER Guest

Hi Kaida,

Welcome to EmpowHER.  Seizures is one of the many symptoms of Conversion Disorder. Treatments depends on signs and symptoms, can include counseling, physical therapy, transcranial magnetic stimulation and hypnosis. You should let your doctor know, of any activities or limitations you may encounter due to your condition.  He will be able to provide a letter for school or just to keep for medical history. 



July 13, 2013 - 4:36pm
(reply to Anonymous)

But that didn't answer my question.....

July 13, 2013 - 5:05pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Conversion Disorder

Get Email Updates

Related Topics

Conversion Disorder Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!