Hello there! For all the health conscious people in the country, there’s good news as there’s a new Brazilian superstar fruit in town. Camu Camu powder is gradually becoming increasingly famous as a health supplement for its seemingly antioxidant properties. But when it comes to camu camu, is there really something about this rain forest fruit or is it just about the hype that is being created about this new thing in the market? Well, this is not a fruit that you will find on a tree or bush in your neighbourhood but camu camu mostly grows in flooded areas of the Amazon rainforest in Peru, Brazil, Venezuela, Colombia and its fruits and leaves are mostly used for medicinal purposes. The fruits are about the same size as lemon, full of Vitamin C and light orange in colour. Let’s have a look at some of the vital things that you need to know about the camu camu powder.
1. Valine: Did you know that you find valine which is an amino acid that you find in camu camu? This is indeed an essential amino acid and this means that we should get it in food as our bodies can’t produce this amino acid. Valine is used by our body to prevent muscle breakdown and it is also vital for the nervous system and cognitive function. Hence, this vital thing called Valine is found in camu camu powder.
2. Vitamin C: Camu Camu powder is a chock that is replete with Vitamin C. In fact, it contains Vitamin C 60 times more than an orange. You will rather be surprised to know that a teaspoon of camu camu powder has 1180% of the daily intake of Vitamin C that is recommended to you. All these are important for your gum health and different other functions in your body.
3. Potassium: We all know that our body needs potassium for proper functioning of the kidneys and heart. Camu camu powder is indeed one of the best ways of getting it. 71.1 milligrams of potassium is found in every 100 grams.
4. Serine: This is yet another amino acid which is a key to digestion. Serine helps in breaking down the bonds in proteins and polypeptides so that they can be easily used by our bodies. Camu camu powder also contains this vital amino acid called Serine.
5. Leucine: This is yet another amino acid which is replete in camu camu powder. This particular amino acid is the one that our bodies need for bone and muscle tissue growth and recovery and for producing the growth hormones.
6. Flavonoids: Camu camu powder has several different variety of flavonoids, which are nothing but compounds that are found in plants and are the main thing that gives fruits and vegetables their awesome colours. The flavonoids mainly function in the body as anti-oxidants, thereby neutralizing the harmful free radicals.
Hence, if you’re looking for a health supplement that has multiple qualities hidden within it, camu camu powder is perhaps the best choice for you.
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.