Today marks three weeks since I've started the EmpowHER BodyMedia FITness Challenge, and I'm having a blast. The device now allows me to gauge how exercise affects my energy expenditure consistently.
For example, if I lift weights and walk home, my calorie burn goes up to around 2100 calories. If I decide to veg it out all day, however, it can go down to as little as 1800 calories. Yikes!
^ My calorie burn after 30 minutes of heavy weightlifting and an easy walk home.
So let's go over what I accomplished during week 3:
1. I walked more! I promised last week to really focus on walking more as a way to de-stress and increase my activity. I kept that promise by walking three times during the week. I even braved it out in 10F degree weather. I even kept walking after slipping on some ice, which bruised and scrapped my knee really bad. I'm still hobbling, but I'll be okay.
This week's plan: Beat my record. I plan to walk at least 5 times this week.
2. I had an "active" weekend. Although I did spend some time watching several documentaries (I am on a huge Richard Dawkins kick at the moment), I made sure to stay active. I didn't make it to the mall as planned, but we--my husband and I--explored the great outdoors and good a good heart pump in.
This week's plan: Make a plan to do something interesting this weekend. I'm thinking of visiting the Mall of America to walk and go bowling.
3. On the weight loss front, my measurements didn't go down. Boo. Oh well--at least they stayed steady, right?
This week's plan: Hopefully my extra activity will help my measurements go down.
So that's the news thus far for me--what about you? Remember, you can join me on the EmpowHer BodyMedia FITness challenge by buying your own BodyMedia FIT. It's cheaper than spending your money on diet pills or expensive diet books or programs. I promise. :)
Here's more information about the BodyMedia FIT:
BodyMedia FIT automatically tracks the calories burned during your daily activities — from pumping iron to using an iron — and monitors the quality of your sleep, an important factor in weight loss. Add in the easy-to-use food log and you have the information you need to improve your weight loss.
The 3 part system includes:
1. An Armband that automatically captures data
2. An optional Display device or free downloadable mobile apps that give you up-to-the-minute readings throughout the day
3. An online Activity Manager* that analyzes raw data, allows you to log food and presents info in an easy-to-understand way
“Disclosure: Device and accompanying online Activity Manager subscription was provided by BodyMedia via EmpowHER. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of BodyMedia or EmpowHER.”