Fried rice dishes are always a hit but swapping white rice for cauliflower rice saves calories, boosts nutrition profile and makes protein the star. Not only does the chicken pack a protein punch in this spicy meal but both the egg and edamame add the muscle building macro as well. In fact, unlike other vegetarian protein sources, edamame contains all nine essential amino acids.
• 4 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized cubes
• ¾ cup bagged cauliflower rice (do not use frozen)
• ¼ cup shelled edamame
• 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce or more if desired
• ½ teaspoon soy sauce
• Sesame oil
• Kosher salt
• Black pepper
• Green onion (optional)
1. Generously season the chicken with salt and black pepper.
2. Add one tablespoon of sesame oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat.
3. Cook chicken for 7-10 minutes while stirring until no longer pink and juices run clear.
4. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
5. Heat a teaspoon of sesame oil in the same pan over medium.
6. Scramble the egg. Break into pieces as it cooked.
7. Transfer to the same plate and set aside.
8. Drizzle an additional tablespoon of oil into the same pan used to cook the chicken and egg. Heat over medium-high.
9. Add the cauliflower rice once the oil is hot. Quickly cook while stirring for 3-4 minutes or until cauliflower is tender but still has some texture.
10. Return the chicken and scrambled eggs to the pan with the cauliflower rice. Follow with the edamame, sriracha and soy sauce.
11. Continue to cook while stirring for an additional minute so all the ingredients come together.
12. Garnish with sliced green onions if desired, serve and eat.
More recipes, healthy tips on shapethatbod
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.