Dieting is a long-term commitment that takes a lot of planning, a lot of sacrifice, and a lot of dedication. Doing this all on your own is a daunting task, and oftentimes proves to be impossible. If you don’t have a support group in place, consider joining one of these top online dieting tool websites:
1. Diets come and go as quickly as fashion fads. At www.fatsecret.com, they’ve compiled all the information on the latest diets in one place. Here you learn the science behind them, and other dieters’ experiences.
3. When foods don’t have an attached Nutritional Facts label, it can be difficult to incorporate them into your diet. www.thecaloriecounter.com is a great site with a searchable food database with the nutrition information of thousands of items.
4. One of the largest online diet communities is at www.sparkpeople.com, where they have everything from nutrition information and fitness challenges, to motivational articles that will help keep you on track.
5. Live Strong is a large, nation-wide movement that strives to improve peoples’ lives through health and motivation. At www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate, you begin by calculating the number of calories you should be eating, and then return every day to track what you’ve eaten.
6. When you register at www.my-calorie-counter.com/calorie_counter.asp, you input your height, current weight, and your ultimate goal. From then on out, this website will help you track your calories and achieve your goal weight.
7. If you’re looking to record what you’ve eaten, www.myfooddiary.com has one of the largest food databases on the internet. Built from scratch, it includes over 75,000 food entries, complete with 850 brands and 250 restaurants.
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.