Healthy attitudes about food and your body help prevent bulimia nervosa. Suggestions include:
- Maintain a rational approach to dieting and food.
- Accept a realistic body image.
- Take pride in what you do well.
- Set realistic goals.
Talk to your doctor or a mental health professional if:
- You think your quest for thinness may be getting out of control
- You think you may be developing an eating disorder
- If you have a friend who may have bulimia, encourage your friend to get help.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Copyright © 2022 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.