If you experience any of these, do not assume it is due to hypoparathyroidism. These symptoms may be caused by other, less serious health conditions. If you experience any one of them, see your doctor.
- Muscle cramps or twitching
- Difficulty with walking
- Tingling around the mouth, fingers, and toes
- Excessive nervousness
- Loss of memory
- Personality change or mood swings ( anxiety )
- Blurred vision due to cataracts
- Thin, brittle nails
- Dry and scaly skin
- Wheezing or shortness of breath
- Symptoms similar to Parkinson's disease
Your doctor will ask about your symptoms and medical history. A physical exam will be done. You may be referred to specialist. Endocrinologist focus on hormone disorders.
Tests may include the following: