There are no known ways to prevent MG. The following steps may improve muscle functioning in people who already have the condition:
Avoid medications that may worsen MG, such as:
- Aminoglycoside antibiotics
- Quinolone antibiotics
- Class I medications used for abnormal heart rhythms
- Treat any infections promptly.
- If you have trouble swallowing, please notify your doctor immediately. You may wish to consult a dietitian to help you construct a healthy diet that is easier to swallow.
- If you have trouble speaking, you may wish to consult a speech therapist.