Talk with your doctor about the best treatment plan for you. Treatment options include the following:
- Nasal sprays to reduce swelling, increase nasal airflow, and help shrink polyps
- Drugs to help reduce swelling and shrink polyps
- Drugs to control allergies or infection, such as antihistamines for allergies or antibiotics for a bacterial infection
- Polypectomy—removing nasal polyps; if the polyps are small, this can be done in your doctor's office.
- Endoscopic sinus surgery—removing the nasal polyps and opening the sinuses where the polyps form
If you are diagnosed with nasal polyps, follow your doctor's instructions.