To reduce your chance of getting nocturnal leg cramps, take the following steps:
three times a day and just before going to bed.
- Face a wall and put your hands on the wall and keep them there. Step backward. Keep your knees locked. Keep your heels on the floor until you feel a strong pull in your calves. Hold that position for 10 seconds. Repeat two or three times.
- Exercise feet and legs regularly.
- Drink plenty of liquids.
- Eat plenty of potassium-rich foods. This includes bananas, tomatoes, potatoes, broccoli, cantaloupe, oranges, and grapefruit.
- Wear comfortable, supportive shoes.
- Sleep with toes up, not pointed downward.