- Manage chronic medical conditions with the help of your doctor. If you have diabetes, visit a podiatrist for yearly exams.
- Eat a healthful diet , one that is low in saturated fat and rich in whole grains, fruits, and vegetables.
- Be sure to get the right amounts of thiamin and vitamin B12.
- Limit your alcohol intake to a moderate level. This means two or fewer drinks per day for men and one or fewer for women.
- Toxic chemicals
- Repetitive movements
- Prolonged pressure on joints, especially elbows and knees
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Copyright © 2019 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.