Preventing rosacea can be difficult. If you have rosacea, there are several steps you can take to control the condition:
- Avoid things that may trigger flushing or blushing. This includes certain foods, alcohol, and exposure to the sun.
- Protect your skin from the sun. Use clothing, hats, or sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 15 or higher.
- Exercise in a cool environment to avoid overheating.
Avoid anything that irritates your skin:
- Apply topical medications, moisturizers, and cosmetics very gently
- Use cleansers, moisturizers, cosmetics, and other toiletries that are gentle and alcohol-free
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Copyright © 2019 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.