Steps to prevent scarlet fever include:
- Get early treatment for strep infections, including strep throat.
- Do not return to school or work until you have taken your antibiotic at least 24 hours or your provider has given you approval.
- Avoid contact with people who have untreated strep infections.
- Do not share cups, utensils, towels, bed linen, or personal items with infected people.
- Wash your hands often, especially after touching someone who may have an infection.
- Several vaccines are currently under development.