It seems as though everyone is in a rush these days. Whether someone is a working mom balancing a job and kids or a college student studying for classes while being involved in extracurricular activities, people’s lives have become busy. Although multitasking can improve hectic schedules, days remain crammed and time is often still at a loss.
With multiple tasks such as showering, styling hair and cooking breakfast, mornings are often the busiest time of the day. Everyone takes different amounts of time to get ready and putting on makeup may only take up a chunk of that time. However, when added up, the minutes it takes to put on makeup each day can equate to many hours over the week. By simplifying makeup routines, the time it takes to apply makeup can be cut down to as low as 5-10 minutes, freeing up time to complete more important jobs or relax during the morning or another time of the day.
Tips to Shorten Makeup Routines
1. Organize your makeup by separating products you apply everyday and ones you wear for special occasions. Doing this will make it easier to find makeup to use while under a time crunch.
2. Gently cleanse the face before applying any makeup. This can be done while in the shower or by lightly patting the face with a damp and warm washcloth.
3. Apply a tinted moisturizer with SPF. Rather than applying three different products, save time by getting sheer color, even coverage, moisture and protection all at once. Today many companies offer beauty products that provide multiple actions with a single item. You can also mix moisturizer and concealer in the palm of your hand to create your own tinted moisturizer.
4. For brighter color, dip a larger sized brush into a light blush. Smile and lightly sweep the brush across the apples of your cheeks. A larger brush offers more even coverage while applying blush quickly.
5. Apply a soft tip eyeliner along the lash line. Make the liner thicker and don’t try to make the line perfectly straight and even. When finished applying, use your fingertip or a small makeup brush to blend and smudge the eyeliner.