Today is the last day of my Nike Training Club challenge. It has been fun but definitely in a "challenge" sort of way. I learned that exercise isn't just for the gym, that you don't need to dedicate an entire afternoon to get in a good workout, and that having weekly goals can only help you get where you want to go. All in all, those are some pretty good lessons.
This week I lost another pound to bring my 6 week total to a pretty unimpressive 4 pounds, but I did lose a total of 1.5 inches around my middle too. While I would have liked to see much better results, I am satisfied that was able to lose anything while enjoying a vacation, end of summer BBQs, and several dessert events in the last 6 weeks. I just know I need to keep on keeping on and will be at my goal weight soon enough. But it is hard. Patience was never a virtue I possessed.
The benefits of the Nike Training Club app are plenty but here are the top 5 as I have found them:
1. You can exercise anywhere. I took my iPad to San Diego and used the app in my hotel room. I used it in my kids' playroom while they watched Sesame Street. This week I even brought it to the gym where I did several workouts instead of waiting for a treadmill.
2. It maximizes your workout time. You get a whole lot of a workout in a short amount of time. The 15 minute "Get Focused" activities are especially good for those of us who just don't have a lot of time to workout everyday.
3. It jumpstarts your fitness routine by adding variety and intensity.
4. It challenges you. I found myself wanting to get to the next reward and looking forward to posting my workout on Facebook. I like that I can up the intensity of the workout or if I'm having a hard day a (like when my asthma kicks in) I can take it down a notch.
5. You can make sure you're doing the exercise right. The videos are helpful as is the voice giving you hints to perform better.
I had a good time trying out the Nike Training Club app and I will continue to use it. Maybe one day I will even make it up to the advanced 45 minute workouts. A girl can dream ...
You can still win amazing prizes from Nike just for reading this article. Nike launched a Sweepstakes in conjunction with this series of articles to give readers a chance to win prizes like an iPad2 (complete with the Nike Training Club app) and cool Nike gear including the Legend Pant, Victory Bra, and Free XT Motion Fit+! Enter now!
The Nike Training Club App is a full-body functional training app designed for you to make yourself whatever you want to be. Whether you’re looking to get lean, toned, or strong, NTC takes every workout to the next level. Download it here.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Nike Women via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Nike Women.Edited by Jody Smith