|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||30 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4.5 g|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Reduced-fat sour cream||¼ cup|
|Avocado, mashed into a paste with a fork||¼|
|Salt||1/8 + 1/8 teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 teaspoon|
|Onion powder||½ teaspoon|
|White onion, cut into ½-inch strips (reserve ¼ for Baked Halibut With Peppers recipe)||½|
|Red bell pepper, cut into ½-inch strips (reserve other ½ for Baked Halibut With Peppers recipe)||½|
|Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into ¾-inch chunks||2|
|Canola oil||2 teaspoons|
|Corn tortillas (6-inch)||4|
|Juice of ½ lime|
|Cilantro, chopped||2 tablespoons|
- Mix together sour cream, avocado paste, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Combine chili powder, cumin, onion powder, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
- In a large plastic resealable bag, combine spice mixture, onion, bell pepper, and chicken. Toss well to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and vegetable mixture, and sauté about 7-9 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Drizzle with lime juice.
- Meanwhile in a small skillet coated with cooking spray, heat tortillas about 30 seconds on each side, recoating pan with spray between tortillas.
- Arrange chicken mixture on tortillas and drizzle with avocado cream sauce.
3 very lean meats; 2.5 fats; 2 starches; 0.5 vegetable
Side Suggestions: Fresh Salsa
Combine 1 small diced tomato, ¼ diced avocado, ½ minced jalapeno (optional), 1 tablespoon diced red onion, 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice, 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro, and ¼ teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Let sit for a few minutes and serve with tacos. Nutrition Info (for ½ of recipe): 59 calories; 6 g carbohydrate; 1 g protein; 4 g fat (0.5 g sat); 2 g fiber; 299 mg sodium. Exchanges: 1 vegetable; 1 fat.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © 2007 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.