Finger-licking Curried Chicken
|Serving Size||½ breast or 2 small drumsticks|
|Total Fat||6 g|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Curry powder||1½ teaspoons|
|Thyme, crushed||1 teaspoon|
|Scallion, chopped||1 stalk|
|Hot pepper, chopped||1 tablespoon|
|Black pepper, ground||1 teaspoon|
|Garlic, crushed||8 cloves|
|Ginger, grated||1 tablespoon|
|Chicken, skinless (breast, drumstick)||8 pieces|
|Olive oil||1 tablespoon|
|White potato, diced||1 medium|
|Onion, chopped||1 large|
Tip: Take the skin off chicken to lower the amount of saturated fat.
- Mix together curry powder, thyme, scallion, hot pepper, cayenne pepper, black pepper, garlic, ginger, onion, and salt
- Sprinkle seasoning mixture on chicken.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium flame.
- Add chicken and sauté.
- Add water and allow chicken to cook over medium flame for 30 minutes.
- Add diced potatoes and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Add onions and cook 15 minutes more or until meat is tender.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © 2007 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.