Spaghetti With Turkey Meat Sauce
Using nonstick cooking spray, ground turkey, and no added salt helps to make this classic dish heart-healthy.
|Serving Size||5-ounce sauce and 9-ounce spaghetti|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Nonstick cooking spray, as needed|
|Ground turkey||1 pound|
|(28-ounce) tomatoes, cut up||1 can|
|Finely chopped green pepper||1 cup|
|Finely chopped onion||1 cup|
|Garlic, minced||2 cloves|
|Dried oregano, crushed||1 teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 teaspoon|
|Spaghetti, uncooked||1 pound|
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray coating. Preheat over high heat.
- Add turkey; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Drain fat and discard.
- Stir in tomatoes with their juice, green pepper, onion, garlic, oregano, and black pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer covered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove cover; simmer for 15 minutes more. (If you like a creamier sauce, give sauce a whirl in your blender or food processor.)
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in unsalted water. Drain well.
- Serve sauce over spaghetti.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © 2007 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.