Two Cheese Pizza
Serve your pizza with fresh fruit and a mixed green salad garnished with red beans to balance your meal.
|Serving Size||2 slices (¼ of pie)|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||34 g|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Whole wheat flour to sprinkle on working surface|
|Refrigerated pizza crust||1 can (10 ounces)|
|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Low-fat ricotta cheese||½ cup|
|Dried basil||½ teaspoon|
|Small onion, minced||1|
|Garlic, minced||2 cloves|
|Salt (optional)||¼ teaspoon|
|Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese||4 ounces|
|Chopped mushrooms||2 cups|
|Large red pepper, cut into strips||1|
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spread whole-wheat flour over working surface. Roll out dough with rolling pin to desired crust thickness.
- Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray. Transfer pizza crust to cookie sheet. Brush olive oil over crust.
- Mix the ricotta cheese with the dried basil, onion, garlic, and salt. Spread this mixture over crust.
- Sprinkle crust with mozzarella cheese. Top cheese with mushrooms and red pepper.
- Bake at 425°F for 13-15 minutes until cheese melts and crust is deep golden brown.
- Cut into 8 slices.
Daily Servings According to Diabetes Food Guide Pyramid
Serving From Grains/Beans/Starchy Vegetable Group: 2
Serving From Meat Group: 1
Serving From Fat: 1½
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © 2007 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.