19 year old and spotting. Late for period. Has never been late or spotted before

Recently my period has been weird. The last recent period I spotted one time before and then started on the date I should've.
Now I'm back around to my starting date ( I lost my paper keeping track of my period so idk which date for sure) but I know it should be happening within the next few days and I should be done before Sept 23. I thought I started Monday but and flow hasn't come, it's now Wednesday. I've just been spotting.
Now I am a little sexually active. Penetration between my partner and I has never happened. I have never been penetrated sexually before him also nor was I sexually active before him.

I'm sure I'm
Not pregnant because he wasn't near or in me.
I'm just worried still. Why am I all of a sudden spotting?
I'm usually very regular, I have never missed a period! EVER! Since I was 10 years old and I never spotted until my last period.

Welcome to EmpowHER.

Have you been under more stress? Have there been changes such as increased physical exercise, change in sleep pattern or significant weight loss or gain?

The menstrual cycle is regulated by a precise balance of hormones. Any upset will cause a change.

You could call and schedule an appointment with your gynecologist or see what happens with the next menstrual cycle.