I just received a score of 5.7. I'm 67,walk every day 4 miles ,just lost 40 lbs. is this a "bad" score. I've been eating paleo for 4 months

Welcome to EmpowHER.

For someone without diabetes, a normal A1C level is below 5.7 percent.

For most people who have previously diagnosed diabetes, an A1C level of 7 percent or less is a common treatment target. Higher targets of up to 8 percent may be appropriate for some individuals.

Here's how the A1C level corresponds to the average blood sugar level, in milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL) and millimoles per liter (mmol/L):

A1C level Estimated average blood sugar level
5 percent 97 mg/dL (5.4 mmol/L)
6 percent 126 mg/dL (7 mmol/L)

Diabetes Guide