Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest


By Anonymous May 9, 2010 - 12:34pm
Rate This

i have my engagement ring from my fiance of three years, and under the ring thit's always red, blotchy and dry, and a bit pusy, itchy and iratated, could i be allergic.

Add a Comment1 Comments

Depending on what type of material the ring is made from, you could be allergic to either the ring itself, or some other irritants/allergens that are under the ring (do you take the ring off often, or leave it on at night and in the shower)?

However, the rash/irritation could also be from a type of heat rash if you are wearing your ring in warm weather.

Either way, try cleaning the ring (as directed; ask a jewelry store for their recommendation, as there are specific cleaning products for each type of metal, and does not need to be expensive). Also, remove your ring each night before bed, before exercising, and before showering. See if those suggestions help.

May 9, 2010 - 12:57pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.



Get Email Updates

Related Checklists

Allergies Guide


Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!