Am I suffering from depression or am I suffering from chronic anxiety? I have both the systoms of depression and anxiety.

I am under the care of a psychiatrist and she has tried me on several anti-depressants, but they only made me worse with bad side effects. I see a counselor and he is trying CBT with me,and I am currently taking Mirtazapine-7.5 mg, at night. I can function without anyone knowing I am depressed, then when I get home alone, I feel so helpless. I am searchjing for answers, and trying to help myself get a handel on my life. Do you have any suggestions?? Please help!

Hello, Anon.

Thank you for posting.

Many times depression and anxiety go hand in hand and if so, both must be addressed. Finding the right treatment or combination of treatments can take time. Try not to be discouraged. Below is a good resource for anxiety and depression that may help.

Depression Guide