Facebook Pixel

Can a hypothyroid and seizure patient can be mother of a completely diseased free child

By July 15, 2010 - 12:29am
Rate This

Dear Doctor,

I am a 29 year old ,woman native of India .I had these two problems from past few months .I got seizure attack or colvusions attack twice in six months . i and husband are having sex without any protection since few months but nothing would happen . Please suggest me a complete balance vegetarian diet without eggs . Can i stay in US for few months or an year approx as my husband has a company assignment there . What precautions i have to take while traveling .I am under treatment of a neurophysician with medicines .Can i be mother of a complete healthy n disease free child .Please answer all my queries as i dont have the knowledge of my disease so deeply. I would be very grateful to you

Neha Patangia

Add a Comment1 Comments

Hi Neha,
Thanks for posting, and for being a part of the EmpowHer Community.
That's a lot of questions you ask. I'm not a doctor, but I think you definitely will need to get a doctor for while you are in the US.
What is your specific condition or diagnosis? I'm hesitant to suggest any kind of nutrition plan not knowing. Your doctor or their nurse may be able to help too.
Where in the US will you be based? I'm not sure of the regulations on family travel with one here on work visa (I assume that's how your husband is coming here to work?)--can someone from his company help you with that? They also may be able to help you with finding a good physician to work with while you're here.
Have you told your neurophysician or other doctor knowledgeable of your condition that you're wanting to have a child? Are they OK with you traveling being in your condition?
In effort to provide some kind of immediate help, I found this article online about pregnancy and hypothyroidism. It says that in cases where the mother is being treated, there is no marked incidence of low IQ. I think it's important to continue your treatment/medication and work with your doctor or gynecologist/obstetrician to make sure you are taking care of yourself and any possible pregnancy: http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/pregnancy.htm
In regard to everything else, please provide more information so I can try and help you figure all this out.

July 15, 2010 - 10:37am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.