Facebook Pixel

Can I do anything to help with my sagging breasts

By December 30, 2009 - 4:53pm
Rate This

I am 30 years old and I am 5'11 weighing 190 pounds or so and so i have a bigger frame, but i also have DD44 breasts and of course with age they have gone down south a bit and lately my boyfriend has been making comments that they aren't as nice as they used to be.
And I am feeling miserable and don't feel comfortable taking my bra off when we get intimate and I wanted to know if there was a way to make them less saggy without surgery.

Add a Comment3 Comments

Expert HERWriter Guide Blogger

Angeltammz - As far as what Alison said, I have to agree. You are much more than your physical body, and deserve a man who appreciates you as a beautiful human being. Pat

December 31, 2009 - 5:40pm

I also hope you are able to let your boyfriend know that his comments make you feel sad, and you are now uncomfortable taking your bra off when you are intimate. I hope this was not his intention, and I believe he owes you an apology...I am sure his physical appearance is not perfect, either, and I do not understand why women allow their male partners to "get away" with making negative comments about their bodies?! It is YOUR body, not his, and I hope he feels fortunate that you are sharing it with him in intimate ways, and because you are, does not give him permission to demean, degrade or belittle any part of it. Every person---male and female---has a few parts of their body that they dislike, or are even embarrassed by (unfortunately), and another person making comments about it are unwelcome and unnecessary.

I hope his thoughtless comments do not change how you feel about yourself, emotionally or physically. If they do, please talk with him about keeping these hurtful comments to himself, as this has no place in a healthy and happy relationship (I assume you keep your negative comments about particular parts of his body to yourself, correct?!). He must know that as we get older, we all have parts that begin to sag...and I hope he also realizes this happens to men's scrotum, and I do not see him on this site asking for ways to help "firm up" this area on his body.

You are beautiful the way you are!

December 31, 2009 - 1:57pm
Expert HERWriter Guide Blogger

Hi Angeltammz - Yes, there is something you can do without having surgery. Many women have found chest exercises helpful because they strengthen the muscles that help lift breast tissue which helps to lift a sagging chest.

We hear a lot more about the exercises men can do to focus on their upper bodies and particularly their chests, but there are exercises for both men and women.

Here's a link to information about chest exercises:


Good luck to you, and thanks for writing! Take care, Pat

December 30, 2009 - 6:44pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Breast Conditions

Get Email Updates

Breast Conditions Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!