Can over active thyriod cause endometriosis or is it a coincidence that most women, including myself have had a full hestarectomy and thyriod removed.

I've asked my Dr and they say they have nothing to do with each other But almost every woman I've met that has had thyriod problems or surgeries have all had endometriosis, hestarectomy. Just curious to know if there is a connection to both.

Welcome to EmpowHER.

Endometriosis is an often painful disorder in which tissue that normally lines the inside of your uterus grows outside your uterus. Endometriosis most commonly involves your ovaries, fallopian tubes and the tissue lining your pelvis. Rarely, endometrial tissue may spread beyond pelvic organs.

The results of a study published in the journal, Medicine, found a higher prevalence of Graves disease among women with endometriosis than among the control group.
Graves disease is an autoimmune disease characterized by hyperthyroidism, goiter, ophthalmopathy, and dermopathy.

Endometriosis Guide