Facebook Pixel

Could I have damaged something internally and should I go to the Dr.

By May 16, 2013 - 10:40pm
Rate This

I was standing on the ladder changing the light buld in the entry way of my home and somebody rang the doorbell in which the dog took off running and hit the ladder. The ladder tipped and knocked me off onto where I landed on a small glass covered table with a black iron stand and several knick knacks on it. I instanly felt pain in my back and felt the welts forming on my back from the iron table stand and my back turned very red and began to bruise quite quickly. Although nothing broke on the table and nothing pierced my skin but I do however have a very very large bruise the size of if I had to measure I would say maybe the size of a football from my lower left side of my back going upward and not to far from my spine basically the whole lower left side of my back. I do still have the swelled up welts from the black iron table along with the bruising swelling on my back which I am not to concerned about because it was a very hard fall as well as very painful. However Im concerned because I understand that bruising is normal and in most cases your body tends to hurt even more in the days following. This all happened on Sunday around 6 p.m. and it is now Friday at 12:30 a.m. and yes the color of the bruises are much darker which I know is expected but I am as of this past Thursday morning having sever pain in my lower left part of my stomach in which I do not have a cycle anymore do having a full Hysterectomy over 10 yrs. ago. I'm starting to get a little worried and wondering if I could have done some serious damage other then bruising my back because it hurts to walk and when Im sitting as well but even more so when Im standing. Is this normal or do you think I could have done something more serious then just bruising myself and do you think I should go be seen by a Doctor to be checked out asap like emergency room or maybe just my PCP in the morning or even at?
-Worried & Starting To Get Scared

Add a Comment1 Comments



I think you should call your primary care physician. He or she may tell you to go to the emergency room and will meet you there. At the hospital, you can be examined by the ER physician and any necessary x-rays or scans can be done.
When your PCP arrives at the hospital, the initial physical assessment and diagnostic reports will be ready for him or her to exam. This will expedite a diagnosis for you.

Bruising results because the blood vessels under the skin have been damaged. I am most concerned that you are experiencing severe pain and pain with standing, walking, and sitting.

Call now!


May 17, 2013 - 6:22am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.