Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

Cyst on R ovary.

By Anonymous May 23, 2013 - 2:12am
Rate This

I am 18 and I was told I have a 2&1/2-3" cyst on my right ovary and that it is blood filled with solids in it. They put me on painkillers but what will eventually be needed is surgery. Does anyone know when or what will be done? Since finding out, my left now burns too.

Add a Comment3 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

How do I get a surgeon and all? Will ER have to do something? My ob-gyn is on holidays. Thanks

May 23, 2013 - 7:14pm
EmpowHER Guest
Anonymous (reply to Anonymous)

If your OBGYN does not do the procedure, he will then refer you to a surgeon.  You will need to wait until he or she is back, to discuss treatment for you.  The emergency room is only, if you are feeling really bad and can not wait until your doctor is back.  



May 24, 2013 - 3:19am
EmpowHER Guest

Hi Anon,

Welcome to EmpowHER.  You need to ask your doctor or surgeon any questions or concerns you might have.  He will be able to guide you as to which treatment would be best and what to expect. 



May 23, 2013 - 4:15am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Ovarian Cysts

Get Email Updates

Ovarian Cysts Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!