Q: 

Does 3 days of withdrawal bleeding/menstruation mean she's not pregnant?

By December 23, 2011 - 9:25pm

We had sex 2 - 3 weeks after her last menstruation and she had them irregularly. She took Nordette as ECP 18 hours after. 6 days after the dose, she bled heavily lasting for 3 days. She also had abdominal pains then and she said it was just like her period. I'm not sure exactly if it is her period or just the withdrawal bleeding.

Was that a sign that she's not pregnant?

Anonymous

Hi.
I had an unprotected sex with my bf last April 11 this year. He ejaculated outside my vjayjay. On our 2nd round (lol) he said that he ejaculated inside me but just a minimal. The said it will not get me pregnant. Then ob the 15th, we had another unprotected sex. He then said he came inside me.. again, minimal. It freaked me out and made me feel uneasy. The next morning, i took Lady Pills as an ECP. (It was 3hours before the 120hours due to take an ECP, from the 1st day we had the deed, April 11). As of this moment (3 days after taking the pill as ecp) i have not feeling any side effect of this pills. Waiting for my withdrawal bleeding (hopefully it come). My question is, do you think this'll get me pregnant? I know this is a stupid question but i still want to know your opinion as for the moment. Thank you so much

Hello Anon
ECP is up to 95% effective so your risk is low. I'm not sure why your boyfriend is telling you he won't get you pregnant! Men have been doing this for centuries, in order to have unprotected sex and for some reason, some women believe them. Then many end up pregnant. In your case, because you took the pills, your risk is very low.

"Minimal" ejaculation is like being "half" pregnant - it's not possible.

Hello. If i got my withdrawal bleeding after the pill i took as ECP, is that mean i didnt get pregnant after the deed with my boyfriends last April 11and 15, right?

Hello Anon
That is correct, yes.

Hello.
Just an update, if you dont mind. I had my withdrawal bleed last sunday until present. I know its a withdrawal bleed because i came to search the difference between wb and spotting. I know this is kinda stupid question again but bare with me please. Since i am having my withdrawal bleeding, is it a sign that i was not pregnant? I mean the deed i had last April 11 and 15, didnt, at all, make me pregnant? Thank you so much again

Thank you so much.

Hello Anon

Anonymous

Hi. I'm experiencing withdrawal bleeding right now. Its 7th day since I took ecp. I guess it was effective. But my question is, can I start a new pack of pill while having withdrawal bleeding? Does this mean that this I will expect my nxt period on dec. 27th? Pls answer. Thank you

Anonymous

i’ve been really worried lately. My boyfriend and i had unprotected sex on the 3rd of october. my last period was from the evening of 21st of september to the 29th. my cycle is usually 31days long. i freaked out so he got me an emergency contraceptive pill, and i took the full dose 1.5mg within 12 hours. after taking it, i started to feel the side effects like nausea, fatigue, constipation and some abdominal pain. After a week, so on the 10th of october, i noticed some spotting. i was so scared because it was too early for my periods to start. i had a lot of dark brown blood clots every time i peed, and i also noticed dark brown spotting. it lasted 4-5 days and it was very heavy and gave me a lot of abdominal pain like my normal period. later after a LOT of research, i came to concluding that it was perhaps the withdrawal bleed. since then i noticed nothing but white discharge. sometimes watery, sometimes thick. side effects are still ongoing like the nausea feeling and fatigue and also constipation. lately i’ve been bloating as well, but then my stomach gets normal again in the morning when i wake up. i think it’s because of gastric but i don’t know what’s causing it. it’s been a month since i last bled, which i guess was the withdrawal bleed, yet there’s still no sign of my period. i get pain sometimes in my stomach and waist. is there anyway i can be pregnant even after a heavy withdrawal bleed? doesn’t heavy withdrawal bleed mean that implantation cannot take place and pregnancy is prevented? are these still the side effects of the pill? when should i expect my next period? i’m so stressed and i’m too scared even to take a pregnancy test!

Hi, im expereiencing the exact situation right now. Any updates?