Fainting day after my period

By August 3, 2017 - 1:43am

Almost every month I faint the day after my period ends. My iron levels are good in fact high if anything due to hamochromatosis. Also when tested my blood levels are good . My periods are very heavy. I am not on the pill but take ponstin. I have tried taking no medication but it made no difference I still fainted. Any experience of this before? Any ideas? Any solutions?

Hello Claire Kelleher,

Welcome to EmpowHER.

You may be dealing with post menstrual syndrome. Fainting is one symptom.
The symptoms can occur anywhere from the day after the period bleeding stops until two weeks after that.

You might find this article of interest.

(reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply to me. Your answer was really helpful, the article was very interesting and will help me a lot coping with this issue