Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

Feeding tube

By Anonymous May 6, 2017 - 9:19pm
Rate This

I suffer from anorexia, my weight is up and down. I've always had trouble with eating. I now try to eat once a day, I only eat once a day due to every time I eat I get sick or I'm in so much pain with my stomach I want to double over. I've suffered with this problem for almost 2 years. I've seen 3-4 doctors for my stomach and I've got oh it's just your eating disorder or it's gas and put me on meds I've tried everything and I'm just miserable and to the point where I only eat once a day or I don't eat at all. I've thought about asking my doctor about a feeding tube but I don't know how. (Before I was 18 my doctor had mentioned it but I no longer go to that doctor)

Add a Comment1 Comments


Hi, Anon.

Thank you for your message. I'm sorry you are going through this.

Among these doctors, have you seen a gastroenterologist specifically? A physician who specializes in the digestive system. Perhaps mention this to your doctor, maybe as a way of bringing up the feeding tube that was once suggested by your other physician. You are definitely not getting adequate nutrition eating only once per day.

Keep us updated.


May 7, 2017 - 4:26am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Anorexia Nervosa

Get Email Updates

Anorexia Nervosa Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!