Facebook Pixel

Help me out please!

By November 30, 2012 - 3:10am
Rate This

My GP thinks that i may have non-std related pid. So he prescribed me a test FBC (full blood count). My question is: Can you diagnose chronic pid with this method? Any answer will be most welcomed. thank u

Add a Comment2 Comments

Hi! can only lower back pain be a sign/symptom of pid?

November 30, 2012 - 6:38am
EmpowHER Guest


Hi Ranch,

Because there are no precise tests for PID, a diagnosis is usually based on clinical findings. If symptoms such as lower abdominal pain are present, a physical examination to determine the nature and location of the pain and check for fever, abnormal vaginal or cervical discharge, and for evidence of gonorrheal or chlamydial infection. He might suggest blood work to identify the infection. If the findings suggest PID, treatment is necessary.  He might also suggest an pelvic ultrasound, he can view if the fallopian tubes are enlarged or whether an abscess is present.  It's important to discuss with your OBGYN any concerns you have.



November 30, 2012 - 4:39am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease

Get Email Updates

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!