Facebook Pixel

How can I find an endometriosis specialist? What are they called and would you recommend I find one?

By June 8, 2011 - 11:23am
Rate This

Add a Comment4 Comments


You need to find a gynecologist who has special training in treating endometriosis. A good place to start is making an inquiry with a local endometriosis support group, an internet search for "endometriosis specialists & your locality", asking your gynecologist for a recommendation or referral and contacting a national support group.
Here is the link to the website for Endo Resolved:
I think you will find the information helpful. Scroll down the page and you will find listings for recommended endometriosis specialists in various parts of the U.S.

June 8, 2011 - 4:44pm
(reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Thanks for the tip! I go to see my gynecologist next Tuesday. I had 8 inches of my colon removed last month and the biopsy said it was endometriosis. ai don't have any real symptoms but I hear that endometriosis is labeled with stages, and I wonder what mine will be staged?

June 9, 2011 - 8:32am
EmpowHER Guest
Anonymous (reply to mrsjackio)

Mrsjackio. Our teenager daughter recently had her second surgery for endo. We traveled out of state to see Dr. Andrew Cook of vital health in San Jose. After four years of pain, she is living life again. Their center is strictly dedicated to endo patients. Focus on surgery followed by diet, supplements, and pelvic floor therapy. We are always open to share our story so if you would like additional information please feel free to contact us.

October 16, 2011 - 8:44am
EmpowHER Guest
Anonymous (reply to Anonymous)

Hi I have a friend dealing with this and I'm helping her research can you provide me more information.
Thank you

March 1, 2015 - 6:39pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Get Email Updates

Endometriosis Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!