Facebook Pixel

how do i find a doctor that will help me

By October 27, 2011 - 1:10pm
Rate This

I have had chronic diarrhea for over five years. When I eat it feels like food is poison in my body. Chronic stomach pain feeling sick I'm tired and want help. Tracy

Add a Comment3 Comments


You need to find a new gastroenterologist. Your symptoms have persisted for too long. Weight loss and possibly malnutrition because of the chronic diarrhea are serious conditions that cannot be overlooked.

As family and trusted friends if they can recommend a physician. Check with your insurance provider for a listing of gastroenterologists that participate in your health insurance plan. Search the internet for specialists in your area and read up on their credentials.

Your health is too precious to be mismanaged.


October 31, 2011 - 10:03am

Hi Tracy,
I cannot imagine what that must be like. Have you seen a gastroenterologist? That is the specialist you need to be evaluated by.


October 27, 2011 - 6:32pm
(reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

I have had a colonoscopy endoscopy blood work I have been treated rudley one time I explain to a doctor how I avoid eating because on the pain and diarehea he said I was bolemic I'm exhausted all the time I don't know what to say to a doctor to get them to listen. I go to the bathroom daily at least 3 times and in 5 years I could proubly count on 1 hand the amount of hard stools I've had I've lost a lot of weight too.

October 27, 2011 - 7:41pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.