how do you heal from verbal and sexual abuse?

I was married for 6 years. I had a daughter with the man. he was highly verbal abusive and would also use are daughter as a threating tool to force me to have sex with him. I have bad nightmares over all of this what is the best way I can heal from this.

Hello. Thank you for reaching out to us today.

I'm very sorry you went through this. Talking to someone can often help. A family member or trusted friend. Therapy, whether individual or group sessions is very often helpful. We have various threads and groups here at EmpowHer as well, so feel free to browse our site. Join a group or comment on existing threads. Below is a resource with information that may help.

It takes time to heal and recover. Give yourself that time.

Survivors of Abuse
GT Home: