Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

i had an sexual intercourse(unprotected) on 6th! i had my date on 8th and i missed it.now i have irritation n pain in vagina. i consulted with my gynaec she suggested me imidil-C.I am 19 years old.is it okay for me to take.

By Anonymous October 17, 2015 - 10:07am
Rate This

Is it okay shld i take it? Now i consulted my physician n she strictly denied as i am not married! So y did she deny? N shld i take it? N is it suitable for me.

Add a Comment3 Comments


Hello and thank you for choosing EmpowHer,
Itching and burning sensations in the vagina are big indictors of infection. I imagine that your pap smear results from the gynecologist showed positive for a bacterial infection and that is why she prescribed Imidil-C. This drug is used to treat bacterial infections in the female reproductive organs. It is perfectly safe to take as an adult.
If you feel your doctor has not given you enough information about treatment, you need to ask her about that.

October 17, 2015 - 8:59pm
(reply to fchacon)

Thankyou so much dear! This infection isnt a sign of pregnancy right? Is it completely normal?

October 17, 2015 - 10:02pm
Guide (reply to j7)

Any women can get a bacterial infection in the vagina at some point in their life. It does not mean you have an STD. And you are correct, it is not related to pregnancy.

October 18, 2015 - 9:09am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.