Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

I have a bulging disc pain on a scale of 8 nothing helps pain I cant sleep I'm miserable what can I do I already see a chiropractor that doenst help me with pain?

By Anonymous January 13, 2019 - 9:20am
Rate This

Add a Comment1 Comments


Hello, Anon! Thank you for writing to us.

What pain relieves are you taking? Over-the-counter medications, such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) or naproxen (Aleve), may help reduce the pain and inflammation associated with a herniated disk. Use heat or cold. Initially, cold packs should be used to relieve pain and inflammation. Heat can soothe muscles.

If OTC medications are not helping, prescription pain medication may be needed to bring relief. Sometimes, seeing an orthopedic physician is necessary if your condition is not improving or worsens. We hope you feel better soon, Anon.



January 13, 2019 - 12:12pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Back Pain

Get Email Updates

Related Topics

Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!