Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

i have a bump on my scalp that i was told is a fatty deposit called a Wen

By Anonymous September 26, 2011 - 3:48am
Rate This

it seems to be getting largerand i want it removed. what do it do>

Add a Comment1 Comments

Sebaceous cysts (aka Wen) most often arise from swollen hair follicles. Skin trauma can also induce a cyst to form. A sac of cells is created into which a protein called keratin is secreted.

These cysts are usually found on the face, neck, and trunk. They are usually slow- growing, painless, freely movable lumps beneath the skin. Occasionally, however, a cyst will become inflamed and tender.

If you have a small inflamed cyst, your doctor may inject it with a steroid medicine that reduces swelling.

If the cyst becomes swollen, tender, or large, your doctor may drain it or perform surgery to remove it. You can contact your doctor and ask for the surgery-- it is a quick procedure performed with a local anesthetic.

Hope this answers your question,


September 26, 2011 - 6:20am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.