Facebook Pixel

I have a gallbladder poly found June 2010. Just had followup and it has doulbled in size in 16 months to 8mm.

By November 2, 2011 - 10:19pm
Rate This

Surgeon wants to remove gallbladder and after reseach I have agreed because of frar of gallbladder cancer. Undecided if I can wait until January or should i do it sooner. It is now November 2nd.

Add a Comment1 Comments

Hi ibpocahontas,

Did your doctor schedule your surgery for January?

I understand your concerns. However, if you're scheduled for January these two months will fly by. When doctors are concerned about the possibility of cancer or when they think that it is an emergency, they will normally schedule it immediately, regardless of whether or not they can fit it in their schedule. If he gave you the option of doing it now or waiting until January, then go ahead and get it over with. It's better to get it out of your body.

Try to remain calm and as patient as you can, it will get removed--two months will come and go sooner than you know it. Just take good care of yourself till then.



November 3, 2011 - 5:27am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Gallbladder Cancer

Get Email Updates

Gallbladder Cancer Guide


Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!